April 25, 2023
GLOBIS Capital Partners Announces Final Close of Fund VII and Launches New Base in San Francisco to Support Globalization
Tokyo, Japan – GLOBIS Capital Partners (GCP) announced the final closing of Fund VII at 72.7 billion yen. Additionally, this month GCP opened a new office in San Francisco to strengthen support for the global expansion of its portfolio companies.
Since its establishment in 1996, GCP has consistently focused on providing value to startups through hands-on investment. This includes capital, organizational management, professional networks, and human resources. Fund VII will maintain GCP’s “first to last” investment policy, which leverages the domestic and international networks of the GLOBIS Group to provide support from the seed stage.
GCP’s value-driven mission includes three main points of focus: G-STARTUP, GCP X, and global expansion. G-STARTUP is an accelerator for seed-stage companies. It provides lectures by successful entrepreneurs and venture specialists, as well as mentoring by active venture capitalists. Since its inception in 2019, G-STARTUP has had six batches and supported 173 companies. In 2020, GCP X was established as a specialized management support team for organization building and CXO-layer recruitment. The new San Francisco office space is located in the same building as SmartNews and will be shared with GLOBIS USA, GLOBIS’s regional subsidiary serving the Americas. GCP will leverage the location to further globalization of its portfolio companies.
Fund VII is GCP’s largest fund ever. With a maximum investment of 10 billion yen per company, it aims to create unicorn and decacorn companies that break into new domestic markets. This fund specifically invests in startups looking to update large industries in Japan that can be expanded globally.
About GLOBIS Fund VII:
- Name: GLOBIS Fund VII, L.P. (GLOBIS Fund VII Toshi-Jigyo-Yugen-Sekinin-Kumiai)
- Established: April 2022
- Fund size: 72.7 billion yen (as of March 31, 2023)
- Duration: 10 years
- General Partner: GLOBIS 7th Fund Limited Liability Partnership
- Partners: Yoshito Hori, Minoru Imano, Shinichi Takamiya, Satoshi Fukushima, Emre Hidekazu Yuasa
– Fund I: GLOBIS Incubation Fund (GIF) 540 million yen (established in 1996)
– Fund II: Apax GLOBIS Japan Fund (AGJF) 20 billion yen (established in 1999)
– Fund III: GLOBIS Fund III (GFIII) 18 billion yen (established in 2006)
– Fund IIII: GLOBIS Fund IV (GFIV) 11.5 billion yen (established in 2013)
– Fund V: GLOBIS Fund V (GFV) 20 billion yen (established in 2016)
– Fund VI: GLOBIS Fund VI (GFVI) 40 billion yen (established in 2019)
– Fund VII: GLOBIS Fund VII (GFVII) 72.7 billion yen (established in 2022)
Office in San Francisco:
- Location: 144 2nd St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
About GLOBIS Capital Partners (GCP)
Established in 1996, GCP was Japan’s first full-scale hands-on venture capital company. It was created not merely to provide funding, but to offer comprehensive support in people (human resources), capital (funds), and knowledge (management expertise). Founder Yoshito Hori believes that these elements are essential to companies in both the foundation and growth phases. To date, GCP has established seven funds, invested in 200 companies, and aggregated assets under management of over 1.8 billion USD.
Since its foundation in 1992, GLOBIS has fostered a vision to create and innovate societies by fostering management ecosystems of people, capital, and knowledge. Today, the company is involved in a range of activities, from higher education and corporate training to venture capital. GLOBIS also operates the G1 Institute and the KIBOW Foundation, both non-profit organizations to promote creativity and innovation in society. The GLOBIS MBA and corporate training programs are offered both online and in person across Japan, Shanghai, Singapore, Thailand, the USA and Europe. GLOBIS University is the proud home of Japan’s largest MBA and is rapidly growing to claim this title for all of Asia.
– GLOBIS Corporation
– GLOBIS University
– GLOBIS Capital Partners
– GLOBIS nano-MBA
– GLOBIS Asia Campus
– GLOBIS China
– GLOBIS Thailand
– GLOBIS USA
– GLOBIS Europe
– G1 Institute
– Ibaraki Robots Sports Entertainment
– KIBOW Foundation
E-mail address: email@example.com
To learn more about GLOBIS Capital Partners, please visit www.globiscapital.co.jp/en/