GLOBIS Corporation was established in Tokyo in 1992. Our management school began with a la carte business courses offered from a single classroom.
From a small, rented classroom to a global group that nurtures impactful leaders.
1992 - 1995
- GLOBIS Corporation is established.
- GLOBIS Management School Tokyo Campus is established.
- GLOBIS management training begins at a major telecommunications company.
- Corporate Training Program launches.
- GLOBIS Management School Osaka Campus is established.
- GLOBIS translates Harvard Business School case studies into Japanese.
- GLOBIS starts the first distance learning program in Japan using the case method of learning.
- The MBA Management Book (Diamond Publication), the first volume in the MBA Series, is published, launching the GLOBIS publication business.
- The GLOBIS Management Institute is established.
1996 - 2000
Four years after its founding, GLOBIS launched a joint MBA program with the University of Leicester in the UK, kickstarting the age of GLOBIS learning on an international scale.
- GLOBIS launches a joint MBA program with the University of Leicester in the UK.
- The GLOBIS Incubation Fund (GLOBIS Fund No. 1: ¥540 million) is established.
- GLOBIS Capital Partners is established.
- The GLOBIS Management Skill Assessment Program (GMAP) starts.
- The Apax GLOBIS Japan Fund (GLOBIS Fund No. 2: ¥20 billion) is established as a joint fund between GLOBIS Capital Partners and Apax Partners.
- GLOBIS Management Bank, Inc. is founded.
- GLOBIS launches its first online learning content.
2001 - 2006
In the early 2000s, the GLOBIS MBA went online, leveraging cutting-edge tools to deliver GLOBIS expertise to a wider audience than ever before. We also laid the groundwork for an exciting new program that would later become the GLOBIS English MBA Program.
- The Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA) course, predecessor to the MBA program, begins welcoming students.
- GLOBIS Management School Nagoya Campus is established.
- GLOBIS Executive School is established for executive and senior management training.
- GLOBIS Online School is established with distance learning and online learning programs.
- The Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University is established via a private entity with campuses in Tokyo and Osaka.
- The GLOBIS International School is established, laying the groundwork for the introduction of MBA programs in English.
- GLOBIS.JP, an online management magazine, is launched.
- The GLOBIS Fund III (GLOBIS Fund No. 3: ¥18 billion) is established.
2007 - 2010
Closing out the first decade of the new millennium, GLOBIS sought to reach new heights through more English learning options, part-time programs, and leadership training.
- The GDBA becomes available at the Nagoya Campus.
- Customized global business leader training programs become available in English.
- Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University becomes an educational corporate entity.
- The Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University Nagoya Campus is established.
- The Part-time MBA program becomes available in English at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University.
- The first Chief Learning Officer (CLO) Conference is held to support HR managers.
2011 - 2014
After the Great Tohoku Earthquake in 2011, GLOBIS took on a share of responsibility for the relief effort. Meanwhile, the GLOBIS MBA began expansion overseas.
- GLOBIS China Co., Ltd. is established in Shanghai as an overseas subsidiary.
- The Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University Sendai Campus is established.
- GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary, is established in Singapore.
- The Full-time MBA Program becomes available in English at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University.
- The Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University Fukuoka Campus is established.
- The GLOBIS Fund IV (GLOBIS Fund No. 4: ¥11.5 billion) is established.
- GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. changes its name to GLOBIS Asia Pacific.
- eMBA2.0, a new online learning series, launches.
- The online publication GLOBIS Chikenroku launches.
2015 - 2018
In the mid-to-late 2010s, GLOBIS continued to embrace technology through Technovate Special Courses and online learning services.
- The Online MBA Program launches at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University.
- GLOBIS Corporate Education’s online training courses begin.
- GLOBIS Thailand Co. Ltd. is established as an overseas subsidiary in Bangkok.
- GLOBIS Fund V (GLOBIS Fund No. 5: ¥16 billion) is established.
- Technovate Special Courses begin at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University.
- The Singapore and Thailand campuses begin offering GLOBIS Management School courses.
- GLOBIS Manabihodai, a flat-rate online learning service, launches.
- The online business publication GLOBIS Insights launches.
- Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University hub campuses are established in Mito, Yokohama, and Singapore.
- The Part-time & Online MBA Program launches in English at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University.
- Freshers, an online video training series for new employees, launches on the GLOBIS Manabihodai learning platform.
- GLOBIS Manabihodai smartphone app launches.
- GLOBIS acquires Ibaraki Robots Sports Entertainment Inc.
- Technovate Special Courses start, developed jointly with other enterprises at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University.
- The GLOBIS Learning Platform launches, enabling the centralization and management of corporate in-service training.
2019 - Today
With a solid foothold in Japan and Asia and new campuses opening up overseas, GLOBIS continued to adapt the business learning experience to the demands of a changing world.
- GLOBIS Unlimited, a flat-rate online learning service in English, launches.
- The G-STARTUP Accelerator Program launches.
- The Singapore subsidiary changes its name to GLOBIS Asia Campus Pte. Ltd.
- The Pre-MBA Program becomes available in English at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University Osaka Campus and GLOBIS Asia Campus.
- The GLOBIS Fund VI (GLOBIS Fund No. 6: ¥40 billion) is established.
- The number of annual enrollments at the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University exceeds 1,000 students.
- GLOBIS acquires a majority stake in Ibaraki Broadcasting (LuckyFM).
- First English Pre-MBA course is launched in Thailand.
- GLOBIS USA, Inc. is established in San Francisco, California, United States.
- GLOBIS Unlimited becomes available for individual users.
- The Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University celebrates its 15th anniversary.
- The Ibaraki Robots move up to the Japanese B1 basketball league.
- GLOBIS Manabihodai exceeds 200,000 subscriber IDs.
- GLOBIS receives a patent for the GLOBIS AI Document Evaluation System (GAiDES), an AI-based grading system.
- GLOBIS announces the birth of Glosuke, the official GLOBIS mascot.
- The first English Pre-MBA course launches in San Francisco.