When you use or access our Services or otherwise interact with us, we may collect a variety of information about you and others, as described below. Such information includes, but is not limited to, information about you which is in a form that permits us to identify you either on its own or in combination with other available information (your “personal information”).
Information you provide to us (direct or via a third party)
We obtain certain information when you provide it to us, or that someone on your behalf (such as your employer) provides to us. For example, when you request information such as via the ordering of a brochure, apply for a MBA or pre-MBA course, access and use our Services, when you sign up for our newsletter, report a problem, apply for a job with us, or communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise. The types of information may include:
- Identity data, such as information that identiﬁes you or your personal characteristics, including your name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact information, such as billing address, postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Credentials, such as passwords, password hints or similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Course information, such as records of inquiries, interviews, applications, entrance application screenings and admissions, records of attendances and course transcripts, records and results of Service use, completed questionnaires, records of graduation, leaves of absence, suspensions and expulsions.
- Transaction data, such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us, or your subscription preferences when you sign up to any email alerts, newsletters and other GLOBIS mailing lists.
- Candidate data, such as employment history, qualifications, academic qualifications and education records, and any other information that you provide to us when applying for a job with us, for example in your curriculum vitae, a covering letter, on an application form or during an interview, or that we have received from a recruitment agency or background check provider.
We may also receive information about you from third parties, e.g., when you choose to access or log-in to a third party service (such as a social media website) from our Services . If you log-in via Google Sign-In or another third-party service, we ask your permission to access certain information on that account. For example, we may receive your name and email address. We do not access or obtain any information beyond the information you decide to give us (via your privacy settings) or that the service shares with us.
Information we collect automatically
When you use or access our Services, we collect certain information about you and your use of our Services through automated means. This information may include (without limitation):
- Device information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifiers, device data (including manufacturer, make and model), operating system, mobile network information, computer and connection information, browser type, existing applications, browsing activity, date and time, and non-precise or general device location information (e.g., city, or region, country, language). We also may collect any telephone number from which you contact us.
- Log data, including information associated with your activities on our Services, including information about the way you interact with our Services or any content thereon, statistics regarding your page views and traffic to and from our Services, and the number of bytes transferred, hyperlinks clicked, and other actions you take. Our Services may also track information such as the URL that you visited before you come to the Services and the URL to which you next go.
Cookies and similar technologies
- To confirm membership for exclusive services that require log-in
- To analyze website access, including the numbers of visitors
- To analyze information such as above and display customized website content
- To improve existing Services and develop new Services by analyzing customers’ uses of our Services
- To analyze and improve the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing